1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

low video memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by burt4750, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burt4750

burt4750 Thread Starter

Don[t know if I'm in the correct Forum, but here is my question:

Low Video Memory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to load software for a Fisher Price Digital Arts & Crafts Studio on my Lenovo for my granddaughter. When attempting to load the software I get a message saying I am low on video memory.

Task Manager info is as follows (I am not sure if this is the right info...I am not computer savy!!):

Physical Memory: 1726 MG in Use
    Available: 4141
    Hardware Reserved: 266
    In Use: 1725
    Modified: 11
    Standby: 3450
    Free: 691

Available: 4141
    Cached: 3461
    Total: 5878
    Installed 6144

My system is as follows:

Windows 7 / Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20 GHz 3.19 GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB (5.74 GB Usable)
    System Type: 64 bit Operating System

What can I do to free up more video memory in order to install the software?

thanks.

burt4750

2. AGTT

AGTT

I think that the software is complaining about the amount of memory on the video card, not about the main memory.
    Is the machine a laptop or a desktop? What make and model is the computer? What make an model is the video card? What software are you trying to install (company, product name, and version)?
    If the computer is a laptop, there is (most likely) no way to change the video card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1115676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice