1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

low volume on new cd-rw

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rick O'shea, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rick O'shea

rick O'shea Thread Starter

cd's play, but the volume is so low it can hardly be heard. I've tried adjusting the volume controls (panel), but still get the same low volume. I'm at a loss .....can anyone help?

2. NotRite²

NotRite²

I am wondering what the source of the cdrw'a audio files were. Was it pre-recorded music or cd's that you burned?

What options in the volume control panel did you try?

Have you looked in the advanced section of the Sounds and Multimedia in the control panel? Look on the Audio tab of the Sounds and Multimedia properties. Look at Sound Playback>advanced>performance tab.......see where your hardware acc. is set.

3. rick O'shea

I've gone though all options, and all volumes .... mute ...etc ... but still I've got the sound. It's just reeaalllll LOW. Could this be a connection problem? Everything that I could find on the volume control is set on max. Did I answer your Q?\
    ~Rick

4. rick O'shea

Sorry .... any cds. any and all .... the volume is just real low

5. NotRite²

NotRite²

Sorry to double ck like this......but where I was speaking of is NOT gotten to via the spkr icon on system tray.....just making sure you followed where I said while ago.

6. rick O'shea

Have you looked in the C? Look on the Audio tab of the Sounds and Multimedia properties. Look at Sound Playback>advanced>performance tab.......see where your hardware acc. is set.

I'm sorry ..... I don't see a Audio tab of the Sounds and Multimedia properties. I'm at a loss here ....

7. rick O'shea

OK .... it's set for soundfusion ....and I went through all I could find and set them to high. still ...... I've got to set the speakers up high to hear any thing..... what next?

Thanx ~ Rick

8. rick O'shea

NotRite²
    I'm sorry I'm such a BONEHEAD, but I really cannot figure out why this players volume is soooooo low. I've checked everything I could think of, and everything you've suggested ..... but ..... no solution.

~Rick

9. rick O'shea

NotRite² .....are you there?
    I've gone through all those steps, and I'm still suffering. Can you offer any more ideas?
    Thanx,
    ~Rick

10. Moby

Moby

What media player do you use to play the music? Have you checked the options, mute, volume, equaliser (if applicable), settings there?
    If you have more than one player on your system (maybe windows media player and real player) check it with another player just to check.

11. rick O'shea

Yo MOBY!!!
    Yeah .... I've got various media players, but that seems not to be the problem. What I end up doing to hear a CD is to load the tracks onto roxio, and play the preview. This let's me hear the music at a reasonable level, otherwise ........ still on a distant echo.....
    Thx,
    ~Rick

12. rick O'shea

Hey All,
    After switching back and forth between different media players I find myself back on WMP. The strange thing is that it works now, and I have no idea why. If I can figure out what the problem actually was ... then I'll re-post with that info. Thanx for your suggestions folks,
    ~Rick

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice