1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Low Wifi signal after office move

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lalah, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lalah

Lalah Thread Starter

I have an HP Desktop Pavilion P6000 in the office. I had 5 bars on my Wifi network. I decided to move my desk around and when I restart the computer, it's gone down to 2 bars. I have to assume that something moved while everything was being shifted around, and I've had to set up a LAN connection in the meantime.

I brought it home and it's the same problem on my home network. I've opened it up, made sure everything's all intact and nothing had loosened. I can't find any problems. I've also updated all the network drivers, ran all the diagnostic tests, etc, but there are no errors.

Can anyone suggest what else I could try?

Thank you.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I would guess that you have broken the aerial or the wire inside it.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The HP Pavilion p6000 series desktops have numerous models, so we don't know which one you have.

The complete model number should start with p60 and end with 2 additional numbers and 2 characters.

Examples: p6045uk, p6024fr, p6022sc

If you can't find the complete model number on yours, advise us what the part/product number(P/N) on it is.

Some of the p6000 series desktops come with a wireless device, but others do not.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice