Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lower case L does not type

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  starionx 
#1 ·
The lower case L on my computer has gone berserk. It will not function correctly in Windows. When struck nothing appears. However, if the caps lock key is activated and the shift key is held down, the lower case L works. The upper case L and all other keys work fine.

This is only true in Windows. I’m running Windows Pro 2000 and in the Windows login screen, lower case Ls can be typed in both the user name and the password fields. As soon as Windows comes up, it stops working.

I have tried three different keyboards, reloaded Windows 2000 and the keyboard software but the key still fails.

I would appreciate any help.

My computer:
--------------------------
AMD Athon Processor
AT/AT Compatible
256 MB RAM
--------------------------
The keyboard is a Microsoft Internet Pro PS2 (Brand New)

See less See more
#2 ·
You say that you have tried different keyboards, and that outside of windows the lower case L works, so the only thing that I could think of (and it's a long shot), is that when Windows has loaded (and any startup programs as well), a process or program has changed the mapping of the lower case L to perform some other function.
Have you tried booting into safe mode? This should stop any non-Windows programs from loading. Give this a try and see what happens. If the L works normally, then you need to see what programs are being loaded (in normal mode), and remove them one at a time (restarting and testing each time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.