Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsass.exe issue in Server 2003

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mickymucker 
#1 ·
Hi all,

not sure if this is the right place for this threadf, but I couldnt find a server 2003 area anywhere.

I have a server 2003 system displaying the following error:-

"lsass.exe-System Error: Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Service cannot start. Error Status: 0xc00002e1. Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed information."

Microsofts answer is :- (ie: call and well charge you)
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS

I can log in under Directory Services Restore Mode (like safe mode) and run sasser checks etc, but no virus indicated.

I can format if need be, but as this is configured with Active Dircetory and a stack of roaming profiles, I'd rather not.

Hope someone can suggest further things for me to try,

Thanks,

Fospherous

*edited typos

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there.
I have the same problem but mine is on a server 2003. No Domain installed and when I unplug from the internet or network, it stops restarting and all is fine.
I have checked all with trend and norton,anti virus and I have searched for all known infections, and nothing.
I have taken all items out of the computer and changed NIC and memory.

This has occurred even when I re-installed

Please help. Its driving me nuts.
Rgds Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.