1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lsass.exe issue in Server 2003

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fospherous, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fospherous

fospherous Thread Starter

Hi all,

not sure if this is the right place for this threadf, but I couldnt find a server 2003 area anywhere.

I have a server 2003 system displaying the following error:-

"lsass.exe-System Error: Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Service cannot start. Error Status: 0xc00002e1. Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed information."

Microsofts answer is :- (ie: call and well charge you)
    To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS

I can log in under Directory Services Restore Mode (like safe mode) and run sasser checks etc, but no virus indicated.

I can format if need be, but as this is configured with Active Dircetory and a stack of roaming profiles, I'd rather not.

Hope someone can suggest further things for me to try,

Thanks,

Fospherous

*edited typos

2. mickymucker

mickymucker

Hi there.
    I have the same problem but mine is on a server 2003. No Domain installed and when I unplug from the internet or network, it stops restarting and all is fine.
    I have checked all with trend and norton,anti virus and I have searched for all known infections, and nothing.
    I have taken all items out of the computer and changed NIC and memory.

This has occurred even when I re-installed

Please help. Its driving me nuts.
    Rgds Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/395400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice