lsass.exe Shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

djrock

Hi, Every so often i get the shutdown box saying i have 60 seconds to save my work. It says something about lsass.exe code 128. I have zonealarm installed and AVG anti virus software installed. I have scanned my system with house call and spybot they have brought up nothing. I just 1 month ago reinstalled xp because i had this problem before. I don't know if theres an update i have install that is causing this.

Sys Spec

AMD K6 2 500MHz
PC CHIPS MOTHERBOARD
384MB RAM
WINXP SP1A

Thankyou

djrock

etaf

Wayne
sounds like the sassar virus - but surprised not picked up by virus scan

got here and see what MS finds
http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.mspx

theres a check for sasser there

To stop the PC from shutting down
Click Start, click Run and then in the Open field type: shutdown -a

This prevents the system from automatically restarting long enough for you to download and install the Microsoft security update.

djrock

I don't think its the virus but i will try it since its sometimes at system startup it happens can't remember if it happens through the day after it has been started up. What is strange is when i start the system up is completely fine when my brother or dad starts the system it happens but not all of the time.

djrock

I have read ms help on it followed the instruction patched the system then ran there tool to find if the system has sasser it found nothing.

etaf

Wayne
so was the system already patched or did it need patching

etaf

Wayne
Ok - So is it possible to try and reproduce the problem - see if its fixed with the patch

djrock

I don't think so. Its strange but it does not always happen. When i start the system up no problem but if my brother or dad starts the system it happens it really annoying because i always get a complaint about it.

etaf

Wayne
do you know if its anything they do thats repeatable? - otherwise you'll have to let them have a play :) :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts