lsass.exe - System Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StraightArrowPR

When I start up my computer (Satellite 1415 S173 Series/Windows XP) I get a small boxt in the center of the screen that reads lsass.exe - system error along the top and Object Name Not Found across the middle with a smaller box below that reads OK. When I hit OK the computer turns off and then turns back on with the same box.

By turning the computer on and off I am sometimes able to get the page listing options like Safe Mode; Restore to previous workable connection (or something like that) but selecting these options does not make a difference.

A friend suggested that I have a corrupted driver but I do not know.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!