1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lsdelete or isdelete is back at boot time

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by PrimeSequence, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrimeSequence

PrimeSequence Thread Starter

Hello

A problem I had about a year ago has returned. At boot time I used to get the sdearlydelete file can't be found, skipping autocheck. You helped me fix it.

Now I get lsdelete (or isdelete?) with the same message ... the file can't be found, skipping autocheck.
    The problem happened after I installed CNET TechTracker and downloaded suggested updates to exisitning programs (no new programs other then CNET TechTracker were installed). All updated were from the CNET site.

Still running Windows XP service pack 3, on an IBM laptop T60.

Please advise.

Thanks

2. PrimeSequence

PrimeSequence Thread Starter

Hi folks, successfully removed "lsdelete" at boot time. The file is associated with Lavasoft Ad-Ware (in my case version 8.2.0) Took the following steps:

Note 1: Backup your registry

Note 2: Steps were for Ad-Ware version 7 but had no problems with my version

1. Uninstall Ad-Ware using add/remove programs in control panel

2. Manually remove LAVASOFT folder in Program files

3. Go to START, ALL PROGRAMS, click on RUN

4. Type in REGEDIT Go to HKey_Current_User\Software and HKey_Local_Machine\Software

5. Search for LAVASOFT and manually delete any LAVASOFT entries (there were many)

6. Click on EDIT and then FIND

7. Type in BOOTEXECUTE and then search and right click on the found Bootexecute entry. Select Modify and

8. Highlight and remove LSDELETE

9. Do NOT change any other AUTOCHECK information

10. RESTART computer and all will be back to normal

Restarted twice - from restart and shut down and restart. The entry did not appear.

Regards,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice