1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lynx on Mac

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by namenotfound, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. namenotfound

namenotfound Thread Starter

I use the web browse Lynx on Mac OS X. The Terminal window is small, and although I know I can increase the size with Command+ I was wondering if there was a way to bring the window full screen?

Attached Files:

2. exegete

exegete

Howdy. Click on the green button in the upper left corner. It should expand to (almost) full screen. If it isn’t part of the full working area after clicking the green button, you can expand it manually, then it should remember that position. However, that would still leave the menubar across the top (hence, not full screen). Unless the web browser itself supports full screen (I don’t think any Mac browsers do), this will be as good as it gets.

3. namenotfound

namenotfound Thread Starter

Actually both Firefox and Chrome does (haven't tried it in Safari, so not sure).

I think I'll just have to continue to manually expand it, oh well :(

Thanks anyway.

Attached Files:

4. exegete

exegete

Interesting, I seldom work in full screen and had not notice that Firefox and Chrome have that feature. Just checked, and Opera does as well.

5. jrbuergel

jrbuergel

First Name:
    Jim
    So with my new Imac 21.5 using the built in browser Safari, will I not get full screen with normal web pages such as Yahoo or the CNN.com as far as the width is concerned, ( I did try the zoom feature but still have blank spaces on the sides ) until I do try those other browsers, Firefox or Chrome ? thanks.

6. rkarolak

rkarolak

Firefox and Chrome allow fullscreen via F11 (for Fn-F11). As far as I know the Terminal does not support full screen. I remember trying to get Terminal to go full screen a while back but never found away. I'm fairly sure it's not officially supported. I believe there are third-party terminal applications that do support this though. Perhaps look into them.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice