M.2 NVME not showing in windows

ShanilP

Hi

I am having an issue with my M.2 NVME SSD not showing ANYWHERE in windows, missing from "My Computer" "or any of the disk management programs, the ssd was initialized and was being used for my games for the past one month.
its a samsung 970 evo nvme ssd 1tb, and now all of sudeen it has disappeared.

I am using a Gigabyte X570 aurous elite wifi MOBO, with a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu.

It does give me some hope as it shows in my BIOS and even after an extended self test which it passed, upon logging on the ssd cant be seen.

the NVME is purely used for games.

NEED HELP URGENT

Does it show with diskpart?

Open a command prompt as admin (type cmd in search bar, right click on Command Prompt app search result, select Run as administrator)

In Command Prompt, type: diskpart

In diskpart, type: list disk

That will give a list of all disks attached to the system. Do you recognize the samsung nvme ssd among them?
It should be ~931 GB in size.

Also, in diskpart, type: list volume

Do you see a volume with Fs = RAW? I believe that may be what has happened to your nvme ssd. It needs to be NTFS or FAT32 or exFAT to show up normally in Windows.

Post screenshots of diskpart results, if you have problems interpreting them.

If it does show in these lists, then how to fix depends on whether you need any of the data on this drive or not. Are you okay with deleting everything on the drive, re-formatting it, and reinstalling your games?

I am also curious as to what version of BIOS you are running. Do you know? F33h is latest available at Gigabyte's website here:
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online