1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

m.2 nvme ssd 128gb or ssd crucial bx500 240gb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rkajtn33, Feb 9, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. rkajtn33

rkajtn33 Thread Starter

Hello from Slovenia.Im buying new computer but i need help about boot disk m.2 nvme or standard ssd 2.5 inch.My next components will be G.Skill Aegis 8gb 3000mhz,asus tuf b450 plus gaming,ryzen 3 2200g,case will be fractal design focus g.I heave problem choosing right ssd.Should i buy for windows 10 pro boot transcend ssd 110s 128gb m.2 pcie nvme or stanadart ssd crucial bx500 240gb.Please for help.
    I need fastrest boot for windows 10.

thanks and heave a great day

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you want the fastest boot, go with a M.2 nvme drive. 128gig is more than enough for windows and a few other programs ie utilities, etc. I just checked my M.2 and windows enterprise, office 2016 and a few utilities are using approx 35gig.
    You are not going to install many games on a 128gig drive so IF you are going to install games, then get a mech drive 2TB or so for the games.

When you install windows, be sure and have ONLY the M.2 installed. Win10 setup will place it's boot files on a drive connected to the first sata port. With only the M.2 installed, setup has no choice but to install all files to the M.2.

Be sure and go with a quality drive ie samsung or intel and check the read/write speeds; not all drives are equal.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

BTW both my intel and ryzen systems use samsung M.2 drives and boot windows in about 5 seconds after POST.

4. rkajtn33

rkajtn33 Thread Starter

thank you.Witch motherboard is better asus b450 pro gaming or gigabyte b450 aurus elite?

thanks

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

6. rkajtn33

rkajtn33 Thread Starter

Will the aourus elite from gigabyte be good for m.2 transcend s110 128gb crjdriver?will run on nvme?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice