Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.2 SSD suddenly doesn't show up in BIOS

646 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  AnjoV10 
#1 ·
Hi all. So I built a gaming PC 4 months ago and its been working perfectly until now. When i turn it on, it suddenly goes into BIOS and doesn't recognize my M.2 drive where Windows 10 is stored. I tried changing the boot configuration, re installing the M.2 but it still doesn't recognize it. I even updated the Bios to the latest (BETA) version.
How can something that was compatible once suddenly lose it's compatibility???

PC specs:
Asus Prime B550M-A WIFI motherboard
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 SSD
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance 16GB ram
No other storage drives in the PC

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
How can something that was compatible once suddenly lose it's compatibility???
It does not. Have you reseated the M.2? If not, that is the very first thing I would do. In addition, you have two M.2 slots on that board. Try the drive in both slots. If it is still not detected, the drive has failed.

FWIW I have the gen4 version of that drive and it has been flawless for approx 1yr or so.

#8 ·
If you get a replacement, see if they will give you the gen4 version [you would have to pay the difference] I have used the sabrent rocket gen4 in a few builds and it is flawless.
If they just give you a refund, then either samsung or WD black M.2 drives are very good. My test system has a WD black M.2 and it has been running for approx 2yr and this drive gets moved almost constantly testing motherboards, so many installs I cannot remember; it just works.

#9 ·
If you get a replacement, see if they will give you the gen4 version [you would have to pay the difference] I have used the sabrent rocket gen4 in a few builds and it is flawless.
If they just give you a refund, then either samsung or WD black M.2 drives are very good. My test system has a WD black M.2 and it has been running for approx 2yr and this drive gets moved almost constantly testing motherboards, so many installs I cannot remember; it just works.
If i get a refund I'm thinking of getting a Samsung 870 QVO 1TB sata ssd and a Samsung 980 500GB m.2. Do you think that's a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.