1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

m-audio audiophile 2496 soundcard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lee01, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lee01

lee01 Thread Starter

i have emaichines e4028 pc running windows xp sp2 its got 3.6gh 200 gb hd i have just installed a new m-audio audiophile 2496 soundcard when i try to install the drivers i get a message saying that this software has not passed the microsoft windows logo if i click continue anyway when i check the driver in the device manager it says driver not assigned and i got no sound and i have disabled the built in soundcard has anyone had this problem and if somebody out there got any advice please feel free
    i will answers your messages thanks

i have been on the website and tryed downloading still get the same message i dont know how to assign driver or what to do next

2. EnfoToad

EnfoToad

Do you see the soundcard in device manager? If so try right clicking on it and then selecting "Update Driver Software." This should automatically do it through Windows.

3. lee01

lee01 Thread Starter

hay thanks for the reply yeah i seen it on the system devices i am trying
    now to set it up with some new cables i picked up i got this amp that only works to power up my monitor speakers i think now the card and the software is installed i got some music playing lastnight but the sound was
    distorted like buzzing i have mk2 monitor speakers they were plugged into my built in soundcard that had in and out slots i thought that only cause my new soundcard dont have the in and out slot on the card that that was why i dident get any sound so like i said i picked up some new cables
    joined them up i got some sound but only on one speaker thats how far i got now at the moment

lee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice