1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

M.E. recovery/bootdisk/ issues cont:

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kevin55rc, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin55rc

kevin55rc Thread Starter

Hi all, to the people who have helped so far , many thanks, still having sames issues however. Goal: to wipe out all info on c drive, re-load the 3 recovery disks that came with my comp. tasks attempted: made a boot floppy form bootdisk.com {win98se} followed promts on floppy as it was running durring a re-boot of the computer, at A:> i typed format c:, all went well, "said" it dumped all info, asked me first.....yes...put in my fist of 3 cds to restore---went through its paces, then the second disk, and than as usual, i would not take the 3rd, said " go ahead and remove your disk, your done, now re boot. did that, went back in and checked c drive, and its still maxed. Im to assume the boot-disk/floppy did NOT dump my c drive. Using fdisk, i attempted to format the drive 1st before the above tasks. I guess i need to be spoon-fed here by someone who might have the patience to start fresh with a fdisk format 1st { and i did download from bob's recommendation a generalized fdisk format procedure and printed it }, then perhaps a good bootdisk/floppy, if i indeed need one, then tell me why 2 of the 3 cds are only accepted when i restore. Keep in mind in a novice, this is like planet Jupiter to me.....lol. thanks again to all, appreciate the help { kevin }

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Information on how to use FDISK can be found at:
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/fdisk.htm

Make sure you select Y for large hard disk support. This is what allows for the larger FAT32 partitions.

After you format, you might note how much disk space is left.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice