M. Office 2003 problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

quietbe27

I installed Microsoft Office Professional 2003 on my computer, now every time I try to open any of the applications, it has to be 'installed' and then configured by windows installer. Finally, after about five minutes, I get an error message that says that the application cannot be opened because the dialog box is open. When I click OK, it opens whatever application I was opening. Just wondering if there's a way to stop that process from happening every time.

quietbe27

i've already done that... several times, and it still does the same thing.

When I had a similar problem a year or so ago, it turned out to be the Windows Installer itself that had to be taken out and replaced. I spent hours on the line with MS Tech Support before we stumbled on the solution. You might try it. :)

Tech Support removed it and put in the new one for me. We went through so many esoteric maneuvers that I don't really remember what they did! Perhaps someone else will know how. What is your OS, BYW?

quietbe27

sorry... should've said that to begin with. Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit. Right... well, thanks for the suggestion anyway, i'll have to look into that a little more.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you have any of version of OFFICE installed including the 60 day trial version that comes with a lot of machines?

quietbe27

There was a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Off. 2007 pre-installed on it when I got it, but I uninstalled it, as I wanted to install a full version of Microsoft Off. 2003, which I did install after uninstalling 2007.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you do this before installing 2003?

quietbe27

I think I may have installed 2003 before uninstalling 2007, but then I uninstalled 2003 and re-installed it after uninstalling 2007.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online