1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

M y games won't run on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by moreproblems, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moreproblems

moreproblems Thread Starter

Hi everyone

I recently bought a new computer, which came with Windows 7. To date 15 (fifteen) of my favourite games either won't launch or launch but won't run - some won't run at all, some show the opening credits etc, and then hits a brick wall.

I've tried EVERY compatibility on the drop down list but not one of them shows a glimmer of possibility. I know this is like asking for the Holy Grail, but does anyone have any other ideas as to what I can try. I've tried tracking down the original companies and the companies that bough them out for fixes and or patches, but I've drawn a big blank.

I didn't want to list about 15 or 16 games and their publishers unless someone wants it. I'm really mad at Microsoft. Why write something as big s Windows 7 *knowing* that software, printers, faxes, and a multitude of other peripherals just won't work. With the expertise they have they could have sorted that out before it was released.

I got 4 gB Ram, dual core CPU, Windows 7 Home Basic and a gigabyte Graphics card GT 520 with 1 gB Ram. The only solution *I*can think of is to back up my drive. then nuke it and install my beloved XP. But a thought crossed my mind:- Will XP be able to read data etc which was created by Windows 7. Could someone tell me that?

Many thanks

Larry
    (Moreproblems)

2. black-wolf

black-wolf

Wht games are they? I (so far) can play anything that I was able to play on XP on my Win 7 64 bit system.

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

I hate to point you to another site, but I posted my fix for GTA San Andreas on another forum. http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/10728-gta-san-andreas-5.html
    I don't know if this is one of your 15 games, but some of the "fixes" used may work for your games.
    Especially the "DEP" part of the post. My hunch is that may be the issue with the games that wont even open.

4. moreproblems

moreproblems Thread Starter

Thanks for the offer of help Black Wolf. I got 8 or 9 titles here, the rest friends have taken to see if *they* can breathe any life into them.

The nine that I can recall the titles of are "Scrapbook de lux" publ by Broderbund, "PrintMaster Gold V17", The CD for my HP5150 printer. I know all the drivers are now on the computer, but I want to access some of the features on the disk. "Ankh", "Journey to the centre of the earth' (UK version) 'Euro Rally Champion', "The Times 1000 crosswords", "le \mans 24 hours", "Create a card" publ by Softkey. Looking forward to your next posting.

Larry

5. black-wolf

black-wolf

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You're complaining about software and devices at are at best 7 years old? Euro Rally Champion was released in 2004, your printer was first released in 2002 - 10 years old. Microsoft does not know every single product that it wont work with, that is the responsibility of the manufacturer that gets the coding from MS to make sure thier items are compatible, and if not then they would try to make drivers/patches for it.

PrintMaster shows Windows 98 as minimum requirements... so if you really want to have these programs and devices to work, then your best bet is to go back to XP.

7. johnripper1987

johnripper1987

I think you should go back to XP! Your computer is too old. Or if you could spend around 1000-1500 bulks, try new ones.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice