1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

M810LR Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BBwolf, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BBwolf

BBwolf Thread Starter

Just mounted a brand new MB and chip into a new case, connected together and turned on, no video, checked the jumper and reset it, can hear the memory count but not see anything

2. waltj2

waltj2

Hello

I have set up 3 M810LR M/Bs from PCCHIPS w/o any problems so far. 1st step was to make sure there was NO power to the MB (disconnected the ATX connector) and move the jumper to short pins 1 & 2 for about 20 mins (to make sure). Then connect everything up & power it on. Hit delete & change any necessary BIOS settings. I always start w/ video connected to the on-board video first.

Walt

3. n2gun

n2gun

Welcome to TSG

The link below will take you to a bulletin board for PcChips motherboards.

Boot with the bare minimum-memory, video, cpu and see what happens.

I have heard but never seen it but from what I understand some boards are shipped with the bios jumper set to clear. Check the manual and make sure it is right.

http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/pcchips/

4. BBwolf

BBwolf Thread Starter

Thanks, tried and it still failed, a friend recommended I try removing one memory stick and had it for a couple of boots but it locked up, he then suggested replacing the cpu withone of the other ones, failed too, so even tried one of the other mother boards with minimun things plugged in, ie, floppy- one hard drive - one memory stick, and I'm still back to scare one, no video but can hear the memory count still

5. n2gun

n2gun

Those boards use your memory for the video. With that one I believe it uses 16mb (not sure). I would double check the memory.

Also check the jumpers for the clear bios and any video jumpers also. Definitely check that site in my other post. PcChips techs check and do answer questions on there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice