1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

m9040n Black screen nothing else?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Deanznet, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanznet

Deanznet Thread Starter

Hey i have a m9040n, when i turn on the monitor just sits their, I hear the hard drive but the monitor's led jsut flash on and off like the computer is off.

I tried 2 different monitors same thing.

Whats up? Its like its not getting video signal but it should be.. Keyboard light flash on also.

Idk

Edited: Works with S video tv out! it has an error in the operating system. If i reinstall it will it work with the regular monitor plug?

2. Megabite

Megabite

Try it in safemode

How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
    2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
    3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
    4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
    5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode..

3. Deanznet

Deanznet Thread Starter

So your saying reboot in safe mode, with it hook to the svideo out? then do what it says than restart?

With the s video it shows the screen, but it says it has a problem then ask if i want to do a system restore, but im just wondering if it has a recovery partion that i can just do a fresh install? And maybe fix the monitor problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!