m9040n Black screen nothing else?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Deanznet

Hey i have a m9040n, when i turn on the monitor just sits their, I hear the hard drive but the monitor's led jsut flash on and off like the computer is off.

I tried 2 different monitors same thing.

Whats up? Its like its not getting video signal but it should be.. Keyboard light flash on also.

Idk

Edited: Works with S video tv out! it has an error in the operating system. If i reinstall it will it work with the regular monitor plug?

Try it in safemode

How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode..

Deanznet

So your saying reboot in safe mode, with it hook to the svideo out? then do what it says than restart?

With the s video it shows the screen, but it says it has a problem then ask if i want to do a system restore, but im just wondering if it has a recovery partion that i can just do a fresh install? And maybe fix the monitor problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online