1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mac 10.6.8 wireless connection won't hold

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by wannabsavvy, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wannabsavvy

wannabsavvy Thread Starter

Hi There, my mini mac safari system connected to a pc wireless connection in house...since up grade to 10.6.8 will not hold connection. Had first screen freeze today. System sometimes will connect if i completely shut down for at least 15 min. or overnight . :( It also disconnects while in the process of using it. The message that comes up often when attempting to
    connect is - you are not connected to the internet. Your help is greatly appreciated..and Thanks for being there. I am a new :eek:

2. Headrush

Headrush

A couple questions:

1) A PC wireless connection - do you mean wireless internet sharing from a PC or are you did you just mean not an Apple brand Wireless router or Access Point?

2) since upgrade to 10.6.8 - so previously on 10.6.7?, it connected and stayed connected perfectly?

3) hard first screen freeze today - so the computer freezes when the connection goes down or is this a separate issue? Is the freeze directly related to when the network connection fails?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice