mac 10.6.8 wireless connection won't hold

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wannabsavvy

Hi There, my mini mac safari system connected to a pc wireless connection in house...since up grade to 10.6.8 will not hold connection. Had first screen freeze today. System sometimes will connect if i completely shut down for at least 15 min. or overnight . :( It also disconnects while in the process of using it. The message that comes up often when attempting to
connect is - you are not connected to the internet. Your help is greatly appreciated..and Thanks for being there. I am a new :eek:

A couple questions:

1) A PC wireless connection - do you mean wireless internet sharing from a PC or are you did you just mean not an Apple brand Wireless router or Access Point?

2) since upgrade to 10.6.8 - so previously on 10.6.7?, it connected and stayed connected perfectly?

3) hard first screen freeze today - so the computer freezes when the connection goes down or is this a separate issue? Is the freeze directly related to when the network connection fails?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online