1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mac bridge mini port bandwidth control...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by russreinke, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russreinke

russreinke Thread Starter

ok, im running vista 64x on a hp pavilion dv2 notebook, and i have my wifi card bridged to my ethernet port so that i can use my wireless internet at home on my xbox 360 as well as the desktop pc in the other room...

now i have been doing this for the 360 for quite some time, however i just recently started using my laptop to surf as well as the desktop pc its connected to because im reformatting my desktop pc and i need to update everything on the desktop pc.... with me so far... cool....

my problem: just recently when i finally started to surf on my laptop while the desktop pc is downloading updates and such, i realized that the desktop pc is drastically hogging all of my bandwith and stealing it away from the laptop, whose wifi card the desktop pc is feeding off of. it will take so much of it in fact that i cant even check email from my laptop... i have never had the 360 slow down my laptop at all when i was on xbox live... and thats why this puzzles me...

my question: i was wondering if there is any way to limit/manage the amount of bandwidth that is aloud to pass thru my laptop for the desktop pc to use.... i wish to let my desktop have about 150\k and keep the rest of the bandwidth for my laptop.... is this possable, if so does it require special software...

if you need any other information, let me know.
    thanks
    -russ-

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/931082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice