1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MAC commercial beats on Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by 325isbimmer, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 325isbimmer

325isbimmer Thread Starter

it was actually very funny, as most of them are
    Mr.Windows, Mr.Mac and The Windows Security *Body Guard*
    lol...block or allow

Anyone else see it and find it amusing...

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
  3. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hey Mike - I'm curious: have you ever tried OS X? And I mean really tried it - as in for more than a couple of weeks or so? I am curious as to why you think their ads are misleading.

Not trying to make waves .... just curious.

4. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

I've tried OS X actually use and support it on a regular basis -- it's a good system. I too think the ads are misleading...primarily because of the insinuation that entertainment, photo (book or manipulation), connectivity, are of a diminished capacity for the PC over Mac.

The network skit really stands out to me...perhaps because it's part of my strongest skill set....still, both have made great strides in recent years as far as connecting to each other -- though, in the skit...they introduce a camera that 'talks' to the Mac by saying 'it really just works with a Mac'...but not to the PC. While both systems will communicate freely with the new peripheral by the driver disk(s) that are included...there is also a good chance that the PC will already have the drivers because of the database. Not saying one is greater than the other. The commercial misleads you towards a conclusion that is not true. In the dungeon, that would be considered a fallacy of debate. :cool:

Anyone remember AppleTalk? :eek: :D :p

5. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

YES. They'd used it at the last school I worked at.

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Yup, I've used OSX and it's great -- beautiful, fast, and at least as reliable as Windows. ;) The main problem is, of course, that it's difficult to find compatible hardware or software. That's about the only thing I have against Apples.

I find their ads misleading, not because they say that Apple is great, but because they imply things that aren't quite true -- as Ciber pointed out. Digital cameras "just work" with Apples, but not with PC? I've had a number of customers with digital cameras that weren't compatible with Mac, but worked great with Windows. Likewise, they seem to imply that Macs don't freeze up or crash. I can tell you that that isn't the case. :)

Like I said, the commercials are very funny. I just don't agree with all of them. ;)

7. kaaos

kaaos

for me its the software. i use amny lil apps that are not made for OSX and i can't work with out them

8. jmwills

jmwills

It's all about the Apps and how much time you want to invest in learning a new OS. Right now, three are enough for me.

I find it very odd that Apple refuses to update thier programs for Vista. What are they afraid of?

9. diablo75

diablo75

I use Linux. Security problem SOLVED.

10. Crusnik

Crusnik

Even if they are making fun of the OS I use, these still make me giggle =).

11. jmwills

jmwills

Linux=Security? That made my day!! Thanks

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice