1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mac doesn't recognize a USB hardware input

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by macwithcheese, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. macwithcheese

macwithcheese Thread Starter

Greetings.
    I bought an Ion USB turntable to burn my LP's onto CD's. It worked fine, then mysteriously my Mac G5 (without the intel CPU, and with OSX) no longer registered the USB input in the Sound section of System preferences, and the audio software says the USB isn't connected. I've reloaded the EZ Audio converter software received from the manufacturer via email, tried new USB ports and cables, but to no avail. Another twist - while I can download the EZ audio software off of email, when I try the EZ software CD ROM that came with the unit, once I get to the Install part of the process, a pop-up appears that says "There is nothing to install". AARRGGHH!!!
    Interestingly, my Mac laptop does recognize the turntable. It's just strange that it worked very well on G5, then stopped. I also downloaded Audacity software, but it didn't work too well and I removed it; however, that's when the trouble started.

Can anyone help with this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/745281