1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mac freezes

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by monted, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. monted

monted Thread Starter

I have a freind whose Mac is freezing. She says the mouse pointer just goes to an hourglass and never comes back. She has recently used a system restore disk and from what I could tell, it did not finish right or SOMETHING. (I take it the problem was before she used it.) She took it to a comp repair shop here in town,but they don't really work on Mac's, but they thought she may have a system error. I'm not too sure about these guys. I asked her if it happens about the same amount of time after a cold start, thinking maybe a fan had quit working, but she said just randomly. I have very little experience operating Mac's. Where would I start troubleshooting?

2. monted

monted Thread Starter

bump

3. clenny

clenny

it would hekp to know which OS she is using though I suspect it's probably pre OS X since you mentioned the hourglass. OS X is characterized by the spinning beachball cursor. When she used the restore disk did she make sure to press the C key?

4. ahhoe

ahhoe

if its the hourglass, most pros its os9.
    Try retoring from the restore disc again.
    and let us know

5. monted

monted Thread Starter

she took it to a shop,so I'll let you know when she get's it back I guess.

6. MacResQ Tech

MacResQ Tech

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice