mac ftp problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computerboyo

I cant upload files using finders ftp i need to use it because super duper wont let me save on desktop or any ware on macintosh hd HELP:mad:

computerboyo said:
I cant upload files using finders ftp i need to use it because super duper wont let me save on desktop or any ware on macintosh hd HELP:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I don't have a clue what your problem is, nor how to remedy it. Mostly because of the presentation of your question. Can you elaborate, preferably using punctuation and spelling commiserate with proper use of the English language? And a few less emoticons? One does the trick, usually, two gets the point across with emphasis. Twenty greatly diminishes your credibility.

computerboyo

sorry i was real mad. i cant use addons or ftp clients because super duper or ccc(carbon copy cloner)cant write to ftp programs. so im running mac os x 10.4.10 and what i need to do is copy files to my ftp server. and on my desktop pc i have my ftp account set up as admin so i can do anything.

Still verbose I see. :-(

Were does CCC become involved because from the screenshot it appears you are manually copying files?

Either way why not use a ftp client like Transmit which is a lot faster than built in ftp anyways? (Never had a problem with it.)

computerboyo

i just cant save the sparce image on my desktop because it get's stuck at read 5.00 gb and write 4.98 gb

Hi, sadly, you cannot write to an FTP server via the Finder. You need a separate disk to write the files to. Of you could use .Mac (email, website, file hosting, Mac utilities, and other stuff), but that costs money. So does buying a drive.

computerboyo

what would be a cheep firewire drive that i can pic up around my area form? best buy, frys elctonics, circuit city, ect, zip 60137

computerboyo

i think i found the prob after installing boot camp i saw the screen about the windows file systems nfts read but not write fat read and write my computers file system is nfts could this be the problem or does mac support writing to nfts though ftp?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online