1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mac ftp problem

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by computerboyo, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computerboyo

computerboyo Thread Starter

I cant upload files using finders ftp i need to use it because super duper wont let me save on desktop or any ware on macintosh hd HELP:mad:

2. VegasACF

VegasACF

I don't have a clue what your problem is, nor how to remedy it. Mostly because of the presentation of your question. Can you elaborate, preferably using punctuation and spelling commiserate with proper use of the English language? And a few less emoticons? One does the trick, usually, two gets the point across with emphasis. Twenty greatly diminishes your credibility.

3. SoltoN

SoltoN

4. computerboyo

sorry i was real mad. i cant use addons or ftp clients because super duper or ccc(carbon copy cloner)cant write to ftp programs. so im running mac os x 10.4.10 and what i need to do is copy files to my ftp server. and on my desktop pc i have my ftp account set up as admin so i can do anything.
    [​IMG]

5. Headrush

Headrush

This is still confusing? Are you trying to do a network backup?

6. computerboyo

YES. exactly

7. Headrush

Headrush

Still verbose I see. :-(

Were does CCC become involved because from the screenshot it appears you are manually copying files?

Either way why not use a ftp client like Transmit which is a lot faster than built in ftp anyways? (Never had a problem with it.)

8. computerboyo

it doesont work in ccc either i was just showing the error

9. computerboyo

i just cant save the sparce image on my desktop because it get's stuck at read 5.00 gb and write 4.98 gb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. computerboyo

11. ThreeDee912

ThreeDee912

Hi, sadly, you cannot write to an FTP server via the Finder. You need a separate disk to write the files to. Of you could use .Mac (email, website, file hosting, Mac utilities, and other stuff), but that costs money. So does buying a drive.

12. computerboyo

what would be a cheep firewire drive that i can pic up around my area form? best buy, frys elctonics, circuit city, ect, zip 60137

13. ThreeDee912

ThreeDee912

You could purchase a cheap one for about $70. I was actually surprised to find this name-brand drive from a store I shopped with before:
    http://www.compuplus.com/i-LaCie-16...ive-300702U-1001496~.html?sid=p9lsm89o7654g7j

That was the best price I've found for an external Firewire HD.

The calculated shipping for me was about $8.

If you do your own search, be sure to not buy from a store called "MegaCameras". Big huge scam.

14. computerboyo

i think i found the prob after installing boot camp i saw the screen about the windows file systems nfts read but not write fat read and write my computers file system is nfts could this be the problem or does mac support writing to nfts though ftp?

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592519

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice