1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mac Messenger Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jaz1409, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaz1409

jaz1409 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

ever since I changed my router to a Belkin Mac Messenger won't work for me. MSN works fine on my Windows Computer but doesn't on either of my Macs. When I try and sign in the following error message comes up:

"Sign in to Microsoft Messenger failed because the service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet"

It has been like this for almost 3 weeks, I have tried various other IM clients with no luck. I think it may be a Port Forwarding problem but have no idea how to go about solving it.

Can anyone help?

2. SoltoN

SoltoN

messenger is a horrible app on OS X, Adium is 1000 times better, and has an active development team, plus if you want, also interfaces with AOL, Yahoo and ICQ as well as MSN messenger.

http://www.adiumx.com/

3. ClareBare

ClareBare

I have been having the same problem as the person above and have downloaded Adium in the hope that this would help but I am still encountering the message that I cannot sign in as I am not connected to the internet.
    Is there something else I can do to solve this problem or is there a way I can still talk to my friends who use MSN Messenger through a different application?
    Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice