1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mac or PC for MIDI controlling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by civictiger, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. civictiger

civictiger Thread Starter

Hey guys, im brand new here!
    I didnt wanna post this in any of the OS parts of this forum incase this subject comes across a lot im sure you may be fed up of it, hehe.

Im posting a mac vs. pc subject, yes, but in a different way than others have done so.

I am planning on getting a PC, or a Mac, for use with MIDI processing.
    I am going to be using a Laptop to enhance my live performance within my band, my bass will be outfitted with MIDI controlling gear, and I basically need the best/fastest thing for it, as its got to be really fast processing as live there cannot be any latency.

What would you guys recommend?
    A 15" mac pro
    or a higher spec windows laptop for the same price

I am thinking it may be more logical for the PC, as I can spec it out higher, but will the mac be smoother?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!