1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mac OS 9 driver for HP Deskjet 656c

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by karambos, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karambos

karambos Thread Starter

I've bought a second hand Deskjet 656c from HP and it's supposed to come with a Mac driver only mine didn't. To cut a long story short, HP no longer offer Mac drivers to download and I found this:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/4506

which I installed.
    The problem is this - after installation an new icon appeared in the Chooser which is good. Normally, when you click on an icon in the chooser, you get a list of all avaiable printers that are connected and communicating with that driver. Well, with his particular icon, I don't. Which is bad.

However, the computer can "see" the printer because when I try sharing it over the network, it gives me the exact printer name in the share list. When I unplug the USB cable, the printer name disappears and when I plug it in again it reappears so the computer can definately see the printer.

Why can't I select the printer in the chooser? Is it an extentions conflict?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!