1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mac, PC, software dilemma.....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by catbounds, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catbounds

catbounds Thread Starter

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it's mostly about my lusting after Synthetik's Studio Artist software, I decided to post it here.
    Digital art is basically my life. I know, I should get a life, but I love it, and over the past 10 years, I've accumulated some great software for Windows, including
    PhotoShop
    Corel Painter
    PaintShop Pro
    Gertrudis
    Virtual Painter
    Buzz Pro
    ArtMaster Pro Gold
    PhotoGraphic Edges
    etc.,

I've always had a pc, and my current one is set up nicely with 2 monitors, a CRT & an LCD, and it works great with the software sliders and palettes on one monitor and the canvas on the other.
    But darn it, Studio Artist is only for Macs, and..........it's AWESOME!

My computer is 2 years old, and though it's running great, I'll be needing a new one before long. If I decide to switch and buy a Macintosh, then none of my other software will work on it. I've considered an emulator on my pc, but I'm much better at digital art than at tech support stuff, and from what I see, emulators have a ways to go.

I keep hearing how Macs are the choice of many digital artists, but I'm not sure why, since I know nothing about them. I thought about buying a PowerBook with Studio Artist and using it here beside the pc, but I would need my Wacom tablet, which is connected to the pc.
    I know there are bigger problems in the world, but I seem to be stuck. Any helpful suggestions would be welcome.

2. Augie65

Augie65

3. catbounds

catbounds Thread Starter

Thanks, Augie65. I've heard about this. Do you, or anyone, know how well it works? I mean, if the Windows part is clunky, it wouldn't work for my software. I need something fast with tons of harddrive and memory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice