Mac Time Machine will not connect with LaCie Wireless Space as a time capsule

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PBento

Dear All,

I hope you can help. Recently bought a new LaCie Wireless Space.
I am connected to it as a wi-fi router to get onto the internet.
However, my Time Machine software will not recognise it as a time capsule.
If I search for it in Airport Utility I a message that says "Airport Utility was unable to find any Airport wireless device" etc etc. Yet I am currently connected to it on wi-fi.

Also, if I open Time Machine and "select backup disk" the following appears:
MyShare on "WirelessSpace (Time Machine)"
&
OpenShare on "WirelessSpace (Time Machine)"

But on selecting either of them the following message appears:
Time Machine can't access the backup disk "MyShare". (or "OpenShare")
The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 5.)

Finally, if I go into my Disk Utilities , there is no LaCie Wireless Space icon in the left column
&
However, there is a Wireless Sace (Time Machine) icon under the "Shared" column when I click on the computers hard drive icon on the desktop, BUT is states "Connection Failed"

I really have no idea where else to look and what else to do - other than contact LaCie - but they have not got back to me now for 3 days.

Any ideas????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online