1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mac Virus

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by shiraz71, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shiraz71

shiraz71 Thread Starter

I have finally arrived to computer hell. I know I have a virus on my computer. I have even been spamming myself. I decided I would upgrade my version of Antivirus and bought systemworks. I went to the update got the latest definitions and started to go to work. Antivirus shut down 3 times with various errors. On my forth try. I get it to complete or so I think. It states it is finished yet still didn't scan 101420 files. It only scanned 43383. BTW the last run with antivirus took almost 5 hours to run. I went to the symantic site for info and I am stumped. Any thoughts or ideas

2. shiraz71

shiraz71 Thread Starter

Bump I do not want to wipe my drive.

I went to Norton and I am supposed to report this by snail mail in a zip form or cd version at my expense. I am cranky about that.

There is no cleanup for the virus that I have.

F**k. I am soo po'ed

3. emoxley

emoxley

I'm sorry........
    In the 10 years I've had my macs, I've never had a virus, so I don't know much about dealing with them. Have you looked at www.versiontracker.com for a virus software? It will be freeware or shareware. There was one called "Disinfectant", that was real good. Don't know if it's still around or not.
    Good luck!

4. MSM Hobbes

MSM Hobbes

shiraz71 - what virus is this? Also, I'm taking from your post that you had NAV before this occured, what version if so?

5. shiraz71

shiraz71 Thread Starter

I have the current version just bought it a week before my post. Updated it on line for current updates and there were 2. I will get the version # at work tomorrow for you. I also spoke to a symantec representative.

Edited because I forgot to say this appears to be a new virus yet identified. I still haven't figured out if this was random or intentional.

6. cookies71

cookies71

i appear to have a virus on my Mac... email received with the info below -
    Can anyone help with info of how to remove from Mac - i can only find details of how to remove it from a PC... I am on OS X 10.2.4 and nothing i download seems to work!
    thanks

VIRUS ALERT

Our content checker found
    virus: Worm.SomeFool.P
    in email presumably from you (<>), to the following recipient:
    ->

Please check your system for viruses,
    or ask your system administrator to do so.

7. MSM Hobbes

MSM Hobbes

Take a gander at:
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/computer-virus/macintosh-faq/
    and/or
    http://www.mac-net.com/402087.page
    Sorry. I don't have specific remedy for you, only offer the above sites that may have some pertinent help - as I am looking at acquiring a Mac in the near future, am reading such sites to better prepare myself... ;)

Good luck! Let us know what solution you found, if any.
    - rob

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice