Mac won't print in colour.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lozeroonie

My mac (os 10.13, but also same issue before updating) will only print in black and white using our samsung printer c480w when connected via usb cable (there is no colour option in the print window). I have also tried installing it using wifi/airprint and the mac then recognises it able to print in colour (Print window states "colour' and also has b/w option) but when i send it to print the printer gets stuck, says "printing" but nothing happens.
I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the drivers and doing both usb and wireless setups, i have reset printers too, as well as turned off routers and reconnected everything wirelessly (to best of my knowledge). The printer can print colour if i use the wifi direct function from my mobile phone so i thin it is the Mac and/or software that is having issues. But I simply want/need to be able to use our printer to print in colour from the computer. Does anyone have any advice...I've trawled the internet for troubleshooting but to no avail.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online