MacBook Air not turning on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChristianLedge

Gday guys, so a couple days ago, my MacBook Air was working absolutely perfectly, when I woke up the next day however it just does not turn on, the green light on the charger indicates it is fully charged with power, I have tried the whole “shift + cntrl + optn + power button situation but to no avail. Nothing seems to work, it is a few years old however I have never spilt any kind of liquid onto it.
Does this mean essentially I have to buy a new one?
Thanks guys!

Do you have a sealed battery and have you disconnect any devices from your MacAir?

Couriant

James
If the computer shows no power at all (keyboard backlight, lcd screen not turning on), then it maybe a bad chip that controls the power to the computer. (power to battery may not get affected).

The problem with Apple is that they have been anti-right to repair on their products and make them really hard to get them fixed outside of Apple.

You maybe able to find a local technician to fix your MacBook Air, or if you are in the US, you can try this guy. He has a YouTube channel as well about Apple repairs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online