1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MacBook Pro 4 yrs old, SLOW

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by gigabrat, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigabrat

gigabrat Thread Starter

I have this laptop as a game player and just to answer home email. There are a few annoying things that pop up, like every time I reboot, something called 'community bar' says it cannot open, and I can't find it to toss it. Also I used Tuneupmymac, & it is not free, apparently anything bought by Apple is expensive, so it says if I only purchase their software, I would have a clean Mac, is this the truth or am I just a sucker for this idea? I work normally with Windows for my job, but this imac brings back memories:confused: for me.

2. tompatrick

tompatrick Banned

4 yrs old Mac? What OS X and RAM you got in there?? 'Community bar' is a browser toolbar & does not includes an unistanller. Guide to remove this tool is here http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20027867-263.html. If your Mac is slow due to lack of hard drive space then you can run free onyx tool that will eliminate up all unwanted data from your MBP. You can save good amount of free space.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice