1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

macbook pro early 2011 not turning on even if plugged

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by fvergas, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fvergas

fvergas Thread Starter

macbook pro early 2011 not turning on even if plugged into the wall.

two days ago my original charger exploded when i plugged it into the wall.. like smoke came out and everything. the copper wires were broken and all that. so i bought a off brand charger and a new battery (since my macbook said replace soon) so i bought both things at the same time from amazon.

charger arrived, i plugged it and the little green light didnt turn on or orange.. so i decided to replace the old battery with the new one, and nothing happens either.

a buzzing sound starts as soon as connected to the charger, but the charger does not indicate the green or orange light.

tried turning on without battery, a new charger, a new battery, several wall plugs. nothing is working. tried resetting the SMC by removing battery and pressing 5 seconds the power button.. nothing.

i can hear a buzz from the macbook when plugged and it silences out when unplugged. any help as of what should i do is welcome. thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1203175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice