1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Macbook Pro GHz and Read & Write speed (plus a fan question)

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Jenny1870, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny1870

Jenny1870 Thread Starter

I just got my 2015 grade A refurbished Macbook Pro in the mail yesterday. It has 2.8 GHz and it seems slightly slow to me, so I checked using black magic disk speed test. The write speed is about 760 mb/s and the read speed is about 735 mb/s. I don't know much about computers, but based on youtube video's I've watched, this seems slow in comparison.

Also last night, when I was personalizing my computer by downloading apps and transferring all my music and pictures onto the computer, it started blowing fans that sounded like a waterfall. I had it sitting on m kitchen table, so it should have been getting good airflow. I just wanted to check if this was normal or if I got a low quality refurbished computer.
    Thanks,
    Jenny

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I'm not familiar with Mac computers. Having said that, cpu speed is not an indication of HDD speed. HDD speed is largely determined by the HDD type and speed. You can place 6 different HDD's into that PC and get 6 different results of that benchmark test. If you want faster disk speed, get a faster HDD.

Sounds normal to me. When you were done with the activities and the unit was idle, the fans should have slowed and gotten quieter. Some models are nosier than others. I've had some that I could hardware ever hear, and some that were quite loud, as it appears that unit is.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice