Machine constanty hiccups

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Akito

Windows XP PRO / 1.8GHZ PIII using this case/mobo:

http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/oem/miniQ450.htm

Essentially, the machine freezes for a 1/2 second - constantly. Happens while watching movies / playing games, etc..

Happens on a new install - no spyware, no adware. All known updates have been applied. Tried several different hard drives with no luck.

Any ideas?

Might be the GeForce 4 Ti 4600 driver. See anything in the device manager?

Akito

It's not that machine. It's the PIV machine (I said PIII by mistake).

The machine with the problem has an ATi Rage Theater card with latest drivers.

Akito

No tweaks or overclocking.

256mb of ram, but happens at 512 as well.

Current temps:
CPU: 34C (93F)
System: 29C (84F)

:-/

Make sure the icf's enabled. Might try sfc too.
I'd like to look at this box ;)

icf = Internet connection firewall. In the Control Panel, R click Network Connections. L click Open. Find your connection R click it, and L click Properties. Click on the Advanced Tab. Make sure under "Internet Connection Firewall" you have Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing..." is checked. Click on OK.

sfc = system file checker, restores corrupt, required or missing files: http://gingersnap.org/sfc.htm

How would ICF and SFC have anything to do with this?

I have this exact problem (which is how I found this BB), and I'm starting to think it may be a video card issue.

Hmm.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online