1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

machine just stop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dumbdumb, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dumbdumb

dumbdumb Thread Starter

I have this old dell 2350 and it was running fine when boot up but after about 15 minutes when I was browsing the internet and tried to download, it just shuts itself off. I did change another power supply and it did the same thing.

Is it the mother board about to die?

2. gmcsierra99

gmcsierra99 Banned

do you get a BSOD (Blue Screen) before it shuts off?

3. dumbdumb

dumbdumb Thread Starter

no blue scrren, machine just stop.

4. dumbdumb

dumbdumb Thread Starter

quick question, what type of mother board is for this Dell 2350? I look at the spec but it didn't specify anything. I mean what kind of socket is this motherboard?

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It is a dell Motherboard and quite a hassle if that is the problem. It may have an ASUS manufacturer on it but it is made to dells specs, and you would have to replace it with one of Dells recommended replacements. I have a GX1000 sitting here as my foot stool that has a Dell Asus motherboard in it. It still works but is slower than my TI99-4A (that still works (Space Invaders is my daughters favorite for that one).

6. Slipaway172

Slipaway172

if it is a mobo for a dell. you should just take out any good items like a hdd and junk it. i was quoted around $200 for just the mobo and $500 for a install plus the mobo.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice