1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Machine loses workgroup name

Discussion in 'Networking' started by simon cook, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simon cook

simon cook Thread Starter

One of my two PCs that is networked in a workgroup named 76ROTHES loses its settings each time it is restarted, eg its workgroup name reverts back to the default. -When I run the network setup wizard all is OK, but I have to run it each time the PC is restarted. Help!

2. 10forcash

10forcash

Is the machine running W95 or W98? if so are you using a logon name or just clicking on 'cancel'? If you're clicking on cancel, then the OS will resort to default values, use a logon name, even if the password is blank (not a good idea if you have internet access), run the network setup and then use the logon name every time. If you want to automate the logon, use 'tweakui' to do this
    Cheers,
    10forcash

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice