1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Machine won't boot has continuous beeping sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samorgan, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. samorgan

samorgan Thread Starter

As of today I have a machine that will not boot. The power light comes on, the fans spins but it quickly starts beeping. The beep is continuous. I tried took the memory out and put it in another machine and that machine booted fine. So I don't think it is the memory. Everything else I am reading says it may be the power supply. If the lights come on and the fan spins would it be the power supply? The machine is an Acer. I would appreciate any help.:confused:

2. BruinBeer

BruinBeer

I did have a machine a while ago that did the same and it was a power problem.
    Maybe you can use the other machine's pow sup(the one that you've tested the ram in)? ?

3. samorgan

samorgan Thread Starter

The PC is beeping. I have hooked it up to two different monitors. Before I move the power supply I was wondering if there is anything else I should look at first?

4. BruinBeer

BruinBeer

Well, its a good start to test the other pow sup in this machine. If that don't work, we can go further

5. BruinBeer

BruinBeer

Also, make sure everything is fitted properly. That includes the GPU(if you have one) and the CPU's heatsink

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Sounds like a Bios Beep Code ..
    If not the Memory .. maybe the Video

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice