Macintosh IIsi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Damonc

Damon
My cousin asked me to have a look at her computer which is a Macintosh IIsi Running MacOS System Version 7.1
When you goto the "special" menu and tell the system to shut down Finder has an error of type 41.. can someone explain to me how to fix this?
I am an advanced computer user, but I don't have a Mac, I have a windows machine, so I don't really know how to fix this type of error.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

I can't give you details because I try to stay as far away from Macs as possible but here's what I found listed as the resolution in a couple different places:
Fixing this problem requires a bootable CD or disk, which you start-up from and then trash the Finder prefs or Finder, replace those items from the CD, then restart.

you dont even need to do that. To fix an Error type 41, all you should need to do is rebuild the desktop. To do that, reboot and hold down the apple and option keys from startup until it prompts you to rebuild the desktop.
--Adam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!