Macrium Reflect 7 Free version problem, patched up to date

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mike2111

When I attempt to make an image the program stalls (goes on forever) at the screen "creating volume snapshot", this would normally take just a few seconds before proceeding with the image production process; I can only exit by using ctrl/alt/del. Any suggestions

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191007181855.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (91 GB Free); D: 465 GB (121 GB Free); G: 736 GB (429 GB Free); H: 195 GB (116 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI G41M-P28 (MS-7592), ver 5.0, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver 7592MS - 20110809, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: TalkTalk Online Defence by F-Secure, Disabled. Windows Defender

mike2111

Problem solved. I ran a series of four cleanup routines at the command prompt - took over an hour, but at the end Macrium reflect worked and I was able to make a backup image

plodr

Liz
Care to share the four cleanup routines you did at the command prompt?
It might just help someone facing the same problem.

mike2111

Cleaning your computer

Check your Windows health by running its built-in tools. Start with the System File Checker applet to find any corrupted system files. Here's the quick how-to:

Confirm that you have a recent backup. Then close all running apps and enter "cmd" into the Windows search box.

When Command Prompt pops up, right-click it and select Run as administrator.

Enter sfc /scannow at the prompt; when it finishes, review the results of the scan.

If the System File Checker reports issues it can't fix, try the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) command. The service runs three health checks, but only the last one can fix errors. Still, I recommend running all three.

In an open command window with admin privileges, enter Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth at the prompt.

This command will run for a bit and then report any issues it finds. You then go to the next command to check for Component Store corruption. (Again, neither CheckHealth nor ScanHealth actually fixes anything.)

In an open admin-level command window, enter Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth at the prompt.

The final command — RestoreHealth — does attempt to automatically repair issues it finds.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online