Macro help for computer illiterate

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LOSERLOSER

Hello,
i am copying and pasting data from multiple data files into one master sheet. I tried to write a little macro but it was only specific to the data file that was currently open.

How do i make my macro work so it will copy and paste data from any data file open, into the the master sheet

pls help it would save me days!!

the rest of the code isn't an issue i just want it to work for the data file which is currently open

many thanks

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Hi, welcome to the forum.
I imagine you are working with Excel but your question isn't really specific enough.
What kind data and in which format is it offered are you trying to read / import?
Try the following link: http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/Topic.aspx

Under the "I" you will find some tips and ideas for importing files, I hope you can use these
If you are still stuck just call for help

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Okay, I still don't know how and what and where the files are.
Can't you use this old post to help you on the way?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online