Macro help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tipscomp

Hi
I have read how to convert files in bulk to docx and I think that will be really helpful. However, the files I download can be a variety of formats, sometimes even a chrome format depending on the individual file downloaded or the tool, such as Orbit, that is used.

I always need to be able to open a file and save it as docx with a password. The password is the same for all files I save - can call it dogdog for this exercise. The macro can be for an individual file, keep the filename, add the password to open the file, and save in docx format.

I will use this macro or code on a number of PCs, so won't run TSG sysinfo

Many thanks

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Hi,
I wonder if you have reread your post and think about the contents.
I always need to be able to open a file and save it as docx with a password
A macro, well a macro is either within an application such as Word, Excel, etc and therefore you will have an extra handicap when it comes to identifying the type of document.

I think you will need to find a vbs script or something in another programming language that will enable first to identify the type of document and then build / write the routine to convert it to word 2007 or later (since you mention docx).

My idea is to Google and search for conversion software that can do this and maybe you can automate it to do it for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online