1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Macro help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tipscomp, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tipscomp

tipscomp Thread Starter

Hi
    I have read how to convert files in bulk to docx and I think that will be really helpful. However, the files I download can be a variety of formats, sometimes even a chrome format depending on the individual file downloaded or the tool, such as Orbit, that is used.

I always need to be able to open a file and save it as docx with a password. The password is the same for all files I save - can call it dogdog for this exercise. The macro can be for an individual file, keep the filename, add the password to open the file, and save in docx format.

I will use this macro or code on a number of PCs, so won't run TSG sysinfo

Many thanks

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi,
    I wonder if you have reread your post and think about the contents.
    A macro, well a macro is either within an application such as Word, Excel, etc and therefore you will have an extra handicap when it comes to identifying the type of document.

I think you will need to find a vbs script or something in another programming language that will enable first to identify the type of document and then build / write the routine to convert it to word 2007 or later (since you mention docx).

My idea is to Google and search for conversion software that can do this and maybe you can automate it to do it for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice