1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Macro Media Flash Player

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by koolkurl, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. koolkurl

koolkurl Thread Starter

Constantly getting error message "cannot find macro media flash player" have latest version of adobe flash player installed and everything works well but message persists

2. smbd

smbd

I think you should reinstall/uprgade your browser and install the latest Adobe Flash Player. It must solve the problem. What browser do you use?

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

4. koolkurl

koolkurl Thread Starter

Unistalled and installed, still getting error message.

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    heres a suggestion to try go to your add/remove programs and look for adobe flash player 9 active x size 2.33 mb. if you dont see that then you either dont have it anymore or its been previously uninstalled. go to softwarepatch and look for a download of adobe flash player 9 standalone version. it should say install_adobe_flash_ etc. thats the one you want. it will say download it and do you want to run or save. save it to your c drive then it will ask you if you want to run or dont run. hit run and if its installed properly in your computer when you go to the add/remove programs it will say adobe flash player 9 active x size 2.33 mb. i promise you this will work. dont go to the adobe website to download it as their website is useless. it kept telling me i had version 9 or that it was installing and it never did. let us know what happens. hang in there this is one annoyance that has been easy for me to fix and help other people who are having problems with the flash player going stupid on them. :)

6. koolkurl

koolkurl Thread Starter

There is a new version 10, 5.33mbs but after downloading the problem still persists. The size of the programe still does not show in Add/remove and l guess thats the problem to overcome. Will keep playing around. Thanks for you comments.

7. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    i didnt know there was a new version of flash player. i will check it out and if i can update mine i will post the findings so we can get everyone squared away and problem free. or we can all take our computers and throw them at adobe and say youve caused this problem now fix it. :)

8. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    ok guys heres the info. went to softwarepatch and checked it out. what it is, is shockwave and flashplayer 10.1 complete standalone installer. it is indeed 5.5mbs for those of you who need shockwave and flashplayer and want to update go to the softwarepatch website. i only have flash player but no shockwave and my computer is just fine without it. so ill hold off on the update unless my computer says i need it. so get the program from softwarepatch not adobe and you should have no problems.

9. koolkurl

koolkurl Thread Starter

When you get the programe from softwarepatch and install it the "installation Complete" message still comes from the Adobe site so there must still be a relationship between the two.

10. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    im stumped. i dont know why some people are having problems with this and some arent. maybe someone smarter or more experienced than me can help out. theres got to be a way to fix this so no one will ever have problems again. hang in there. :)

11. sml1

sml1

I too having problems, so I went and downloaded stand alone flash player 9 as you suggested- in the add and remove it does not show up by size - I will see if this stops it from what ever it is doing- very frustrating to have to un install a nd reinstall on a daily basis-

12. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    i just had to reinstall windows and using my own advice went to softwarepatch and got the flash player standalone version and mine is listed in the add/remove programs with the size listed. so again im stumped as to why some peoples computers list the size and some dont. but as long as its working i guess it doesnt matter if the size is listed or not.

13. jaso

jaso

adobe flash nine won't stop running and won't uninstall reg cure won't fix this is there anything FREE I can try (NOT reg cure, it's not really free)

14. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice