1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Macro to consolidate w/sheets to summary

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by marsham, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marsham

marsham Thread Starter

I know a little bit about a few things such as the formulas & stuff on this worksheet BUT Macro's are something I know literally nothing about, except that they are magic! I have been online trying to learn but nothing I have learned will help with this task.
    I need an expert to a) tell me if this can be achieved and b) How?

The example attached has dummy info but is laid out exactly as my actual documents.
    The example has 5 sheets to be consolidated into one summary - I have laid out an example of what the summary should look like (or something similar)
    My actual file could have any where between 2-300 in a period - which would change each period.

I don't want to enter useless information in this post, so if you have a look & would like to help, pls let me know if there is anything else you require.

Fingers Crossed (as this is getting desperate)

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi welcome to the forum,
    This is not something that can be done just like that.
    This needs thinking and probably you'll have to think of it like a small project.
    If your macro knowledge is very limited then I think you'll have to call in someone which will probably have a fee attached to it but then you can build a working application.
    A macro is nothing more than a set of instructions that tells Excel where you want what under waht conditions to go where.
    If you record a simple macro yourself (that's how most of use have started) and then look at the code and translate it for yourself you will start disvovering that all that magic is nothing more than a logical set of instructions that do exactly what you tell it to do, nothing more nothing less.
    You will have to include tests and conditions and of course this file of yours is not something you can do with the first simple steps but in the long run it will be possible.
    Somebody that has the time to figure it out and if you have the time to wait is what you need.
    IYou saved the file as xlsx so I imagine you'r at least using Excel version 2007 but you should always mention the Excel version in your post description.
    Give the above a thought, I've taken a look at the file, looks nice and a quick glance has given me an idea of what you want but the follow-up, that'll be the tough one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice