1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Macro to save data to another sheet

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by napsterz, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,
    Iam new to this forum as well as excel. I saw a file before that had a button "Save Data" and it will save the data I wish to be saved in another worksheet and it will go down one row automatically for the next set. Somehow i managed to create a excel file with the fileds i need to input. However i am not able to complete it without the macros. Hope some one could complete this and send me the file ( i dont't know even a bit about excel ).

Attached Files:

2. valis

valis Moderator

I'm going to move this to the applications section, as that's where most of our excel guru's hang out.

thanks,

v

3. valis

valis Moderator

and btw, welcome to tsg. :)

4. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

Thank u for directing me to the right place

5. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

I've updated the workbook and added some test data in the highlighted yellow cells.

Regards,
    Rollin

Attached Files:

6. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

Thnk Q. Let me check now and update u

7. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

Hi Rolin,
    It Works. However i would like to know whether you can help me out in cutomizing it in a way i need....and sorry to bother you

8. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

1. when i click on save data it prompts me to open the final reports. actually it should update the final reports without opening

2. after i click transfer data and once its done the previous value which i've entered should be cleared on the main form.

these are the two main things which is mandatory.

iam not sure whether its possible. however this how the way i thought of making this even when i don't know coding

9. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

I assume Final Reports workbook will always be stored in the same location? If so, please provide me with the full path.

Regards,
    Rollin

10. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

yep,it will be in saved under the same location. Iam now working from home and its been saved to the desktop. howevr, since iam going to use it in my workplace, i guess it might be saved on a shared network location

11. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

I've attached the updated workbook. Just open the Workbook and press ALT + F11 to open the VB editor and change the path to reflect the correct location of your file (this is line 6 of the code just beneath my comment)

Regards,
    Rollin

Attached Files:

12. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

I Tried doing as you said. After clociking on save data, the hourglass keeps spinning for a long time and gave an error "Microsoft Office Excel IS Waiting For Another Application To Complete An OLE Action". i tried to check with the task manager and i found microsoft office excel compatability checker starts when i exactly click on save data.

13. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

Hi Ronin,
    I tried disabling the compatability check while saving and it works like a champ..(y). Can u insert an empty row in final reports before start saving the values, because since i had the box made for two rows, the third data goes out of the box

and also i would like to know whether this would work

To reduce the workload can i provide a copy of the main form to my colleague, so that we both can update the final results without any issues at the same working hrs ?

14. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

I'm confused by what you are asking here.

Regards,
    Rollin

15. napsterz

napsterz Thread Starter

I've Attached The Image
    if you look at the third row of data, it will be out of the box

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/839954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice