Macro's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NeVeRReSt

Ladies & Gents,

Can anyone recommend a good starting point i.e. reading material, websites etc... so I can learn how to write macros?

It would help greatly with my profession.

Kind regards,
Never.

etaf

Wayne
moved to business applications, where you will get more support

any particular application - excel,word, access ?
or other program

Are you wanting to learn for any particular MS Office application or just Office in general? The best way to learn the basics is to use the macro recorder in Word and Excel and then look at the resulting code that was automatically generated. Once you understand the basics you can start expanding your learning to concepts like variables, loops, etc. Do you have any programming experience in the past?

Rollin

NeVeRReSt

I don't have any experiance programming whatsoever. I would like to run macros in Excel, I been messing around with the macro recorder and even have been downloading macros to see how they work, but I can't seem to get my head around it. If you know any good books let me know I've bought a few and they're quite technical from start....

I was wondering what to start first if macros are too advanced to start off with, maybe learn an easier language first to get my head in the right train of thought...?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online