:mad: Network Connection HELP NEEDED!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alexvova

Hi I'm using Win XP sp1 fresh install fully updated (fresh because i reformated it thinking that would help the problem), my wireless adapter connects me to my network but no internet connection. I have tried using both WIN xp zero config and and the software that came with my card. I have bought another adapter and it does the same thing. I have tried reinstalling em and and switching slots. My network has wep key and I put that in as suposed to and it connects but no internet. I have used a laptop wirelessly and it works fine so it is my Pc that is the problem. My ip is worng. I have tried using the repair option in Win xp Zero Config. It says failed to renew IP. I definetly need an expert for this. otherwise plz post here.

HELP ME....

alexvova

I updated it to Sp2 and now it says Limited Or No connectivity and i know that the router is not the problem cuz other pcs work fine form this network. The firewall is disabled also

alexvova

This is wat I get when i Use Ethernet only

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : alex-qrmhreq740
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : domain.actdsltmp

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : domain.actdsltmp
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adap
ter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0C-6E-5A-EB-C1
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:39:38 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, July 26, 2006 12:39:38 AM

alexvova

THIS IS what I get when I use wireless adapter

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : alex-qrmhreq740
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 6:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Ralink Turbo Wireless LAN Card
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0E-2E-9D-73-CF
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.37.219
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex>

I would first disable all forms of encryption and try again. then I would check the machine since you have windows XP sp2 and decide if you want to use WZC or the MFGR's utility for ocnnection. Do not have both loaded and running at the same time this can cause problems. If you still can't connect then you may have to do some uninstalling and reinstalling.

alexvova

wat is BTW?

and i have reinstalled this card and uninstalled it 20 times. that isn't the problem. I has to be the configurations and don't know wat exactly in configurations that stops me

BTW = BTW and you don't mention if you tried ANYTHING that was suggested. You only mentioned reinstalling AND made no mention of it it was reinstalling over the top or doing a fresh uninstall. reboot, reinstall so the suggestion was made. Since installtions are not working look at your wireless security and firewalls.

ROFL coffee never kicked in and I SWEAR I typed in by the way! Ugh going to be one of those days I see.

valis

hehe.....just watching, man, just watching.....taking my net+ test today, so I am rarin' and ready to go.......

Wow GL. I still refuse to take any stinkin tests. I know it hurts my resume but I still say I don't need no stinking paper all I need is someone to spend a few hours with me and see some of my scripting/modifications/and automation that I have put together in the past. But then again I always have tested horribly when its something I am cramming for.

valis

Yah, I read your bio in the 'how I learned compooters' thread.....got a friend of mine who's resume is very very similar to yours, and I would have to say you got nada to worry about. There is book knowledge, which is what I am accumulating, then there is applied knowledge, which there is NO replacement for, and 10 times out of 10, the companies will take the applied knowledge. However, making a switch from ops to IT as I am, getting my certs is good for me to learn rapidly.

Done hijacking. :) We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Hey person with the problem....if you have network connectivity and no internet....why would you not check internet connections in internet options....which is in the control panel....
See if you have an internet connection even setup im thinking no because you just redid everything so try that.

Also since you posted the ipconfig f the ethernet ocnnection I am assuming that this one works properly right? Just wireless is not working?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online