1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MADDEN 2003 Blue Screen OF Death!

Discussion in 'Games' started by JamesIzWaak, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JamesIzWaak

JamesIzWaak Thread Starter

Hi I'm sorta having a little problem with my Madden 2003 PC game.Oh yeah, I have Windows XP for my OS. I bought this game a few months ago and I didn't have any problems playing it on the PC. No errors, no glitches, no problems, NOTHING. And then one day I decided to reformatt my computer. After reformatting my computer, I installed Madden 2003 again. After the reformat and install of Madden '03, I was playing when all of a sudden, a BSOD pops up, disappears and then all of a sudden my computer freezes!This happens on some occasions, not all the time, but once in a while.. What went wrong?
    Before I reformatted my computer (or even when I bought my computer), I dont recall updating my video drivers or having to fool/mess around with them in order for the game to work properly. I just played the game with no problems at all. But when I reformat it, the game is all messed up. After booting up Windows again, it said the BSOD may have been caused by a video driver that hasnt been updated (my NVIDIA video card/driver). So I updated the NVIDIA video drive and I exclusively downloaded a video driver update from Windows Update (and also the Service Pack 1).and also, my comps still fairly new..i mean its a super-fast cmp and all.. Do you know what I have to do to stop these BSODs for popping up and my computer restarting automatically? Hey I'd appreciate it if you guys helped.. Thanks!

James

{computer specs}
    Compaq Presario 6024
    512 MB SDRAM
    1.8 MHZ
    soundmax audiocard
    nVidia GeForce2 MX 100/200

2. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

The issue that you are having is mostlikely a Video driver issue. Eventhough you have the newest drivers that may not fix it the chipset on the mobo also needs drivers on how to interact with the video card. Complicated? yes just hope you wont have to do as i did. (updating drivers chipset drivers and even the BIOS!!!) but its worth looking into. BTW .......................Goodluck.

3. JamesIzWaak

JamesIzWaak Thread Starter

what exactly do i have to do?

4. RSM123

RSM123

Hello,

Just seen that you posted again. If you recall from when you posted before, I mentioned I saw a post elsewhere on this forum which said that crashes in Win XP generate an error log. This is necessary as you often get no warning and therefore cannot write down the numeric warning code.

If you can locate your error logs and possibly post the info here - it might enable a person familiar with XP or indeed Compaq PCs to work out why your problem is happening. I use Win98 SE so will not know very much. But the more info people here get the better chances you have of getting it solved.

May I suggest if you get the error log data that you also use

http://www.google.com

And search here using the info you get about your errors. If you search using the same terms / codes etc you may come across a similar enquiry from someone else who had a similar problem and perhaps then find an answer that way.

Sorry I cannot be of any real help.

RSM123.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!