1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Madden 2003 Glitches/error!

Discussion in 'Games' started by JamesIzWaak, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JamesIzWaak

JamesIzWaak Thread Starter

Hey you guys at Tech Support...

I'm sorta having this problem with my Madden 2003. I just reformatted my computer a few days ago and after I the reformat, I installed Madden NFL 2003 to my comp. The game worked as fine as it did before I reformatted, it was working fine for a few days until one day, I was playing Madden and then all of a sudde, a blue screen with commands/erros pops up and then my computer restarts! What's going on here... Could it be my video driver, my video card or what? Do I need to update something? Thanks.

James (aka Fobey)

2. RSM123

RSM123

Hello,

Could you possibly post the error messages you're receiving during these crashes. It will help people diagnose what is causing the problem. And details of your system / o.s

3. JamesIzWaak

i cannot determine what the error messages are because while i was playing the game, these erro messages on a blue screen pop up for a sec, disppear then the computer restarts. But here are my specs

Pentium 4 CPU 1.8 GHZ
    512 MB of SDRAM
    NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
    SOUNDMAX Integrated Digital Audio Card

4. RSM123

RSM123

Thanks for the update,

Actually I was thinking at first that when you described crashes to Blue Screen of Death that it would be something like insufficient ram. I had these BSODs running FIFA 2001 with 128mb ram and that was the cause. However I see you have the same as me (512mb).

What other progs are running in background when you run Madden ?? Do you have Anti Virius for example , and use ctrl alt del to deactivate it ?? Did you try shutting down everything except 'Explorer' and 'Systray' ? This would free up max system resources and prevent another program starting up during gameplay. Are you certain that when you reinstalled after formatting that your video card drivers were installed correctly ? I know some people who have fallen foul of both these issues also in the past perhaps you could check to cofiirm.

Normally when you get the Blue Screen it says 'there has been a fatal error in .... ' and then a long numeric. Then it asks you to 'press any key to continue...' It would be very useful to have the numeric code to try and pin this down.

*Edit - I wonder - Are you using Win XP ?? I ask because I was just reading a post in another forum about a pc rebooting at random. The user wanted help understanding the likely cause and could not post error messages as the crash / reboot happened to quickly. This sounds like your experience. However there is apparently an error log for such events. Can you access this and post back your findings ?? I use 98SE so another person here will be needed. *

Sorry I cannot offer a definitive answer here.

RSM123.

5. JamesIzWaak

Hey you guys I figured out what was wrong. And to answer your other question, I do have Windows XP for my OS. Well it turns out that I had to update my video drivers to prevent those "crashes/auto reboots" and well I ended up doing that and after playing the game for 3 hours straight, I had no crashes or anything. But hey, thanks for the help. I will definitely come back to you guys for help.

6. RSM123

RSM123

Thanks for posting back,

Good Luck,

RSM123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!